Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 18 December 2013

WOYWW - 237

I cannot show you a desk again this week for several reasons - it looks exactly the same as last week, with a slight movement of the heaps to make room for another heap of the same.  So I thought I would show you a pretty picture instead.  It is not this year's snow, but I do like having the falling animated snow added to my own photo.

This is the very last time  I am going to deal with the Christmas cards this way.  I will never again mass produce 130 cards - I will never send 130 cards again.  If I never see another Christmas card again, it will be too soon. 

To be fair, I left it all to the last minute, but I did have a good excuse.  After spending a lot of time and a lot of money on having the house and garden done up, I finished off with having the hall, stairs and landing painted, and the kitchen, and the dining room.  Two weeks before Christmas - I must be mad.  In the middle of all the paint fumes, I also went down with a rotten cold and cough.

As this is going to be a scheduled post, written on Tuesday afternoon, I am off now to do another pile of cards, then down to the post office for more stamps and to send the foreign ones (bit late, those), before getting ready for visitors this evening.  Then I must do my shopping list for Sainsbury's to take account of the fact that I need things to make a lemon meringue and a raspberry and hazelnut meringue for Christmas lunch, and I suppose I should make some mince pies for anyone who braves the wrapping paper and the fingerlift tape (I have lost the Sellotape).

If any of you have time to sit with a coffee or a stiff brandy and have a quick nose round desks from all over the world, then just follow the link to our Julia's place where I am sure she will find time to welcome you.  I suspect that most of you are in a similarly disorganised state - please, if you are not, then don't tell me. 

15 comments:

Helen said...

Oh I recognise your pain... still shopping here! 130 cards is some marathon effort - you deserve a break! Hope you have a great Christmas, in your much decorated home - I will be thinking of you. xxx Helen 28

Scrapcat 1 said...

I hope you are feeling better now, nothing worse than not feeling well when you have so much to do. Maybe you could just buy some pudding and that would save some time? Thanks for sharing, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Tracy #41

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I bet your house is like a new pin now, so that is a good job done! Shame you had to go down with the cold but I suspect everyone in the UK has had it in some form in the past month....we have!
I scrambled to even get the cards written this year, never mind making them. 130 is a LOT!
I'm sending you extra big hugs for this Christmas..I know it'll be tough at times.
LLJ 43 xx

Neil said...

Good morning
Just popping my head around the door to say hi and wish you a very happy Christmas.
Thanks for sharing your workplace.

Neil #20

Julia Dunnit said...

I think actually Maggie, that you're doing jolly well in terms of preparation and your guests tonight will kick off the start of your being able to relax into it! The cards are a marathon aren't they..it would be OK to buy some next year!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Maggie, if anyone has ever made a convincing argument for not making 130 cards exactly the same, you have. However, as someone who finds it nearly impossible to make half a dozen cards the same, I doff my cap to you for even trying. And you're going to be busy baking too!!! That raspberry and hazelnut meringue does sound mouthwateringly scrumptious. Bet your newly painted rooms look fresh and lovely ... we've put off the painting and decorating until some time in the new year but I can't wait to see it all freshened up, including the pink boudoir that is my craft room :) Seasons greetings to you and yours, Elizabeth x #45

Winnie said...

I didn't get to many of my cards this year with overtime and crazy work stuff. I am spent. I got the tree up after Thanksgiving with the help of a bottle of mulled wine. I only ended up doing cards for my immediate family and friends, and tonight I am just going to have to use boxed cards for the rest. Working ot all Christmas week. I plan to sleep for the new year! Hope you have some peaceful times this holiday season! Winnie#51

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg- food shopping done here now, we went to Tesco on the way home from work this morning. Just fresh stuff next week now. I hope the decorating has gone to plan, and nearly all finished- funny how these ideas always seem like a good one at the time! Happy Christmas marg, lots of love from us both, Shaz xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Lovely animated snow scene Maggie! Oh how I know what you are going through I was so glad to see the end of my Christmas cards too. I hope you get them done soon.

I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Christine said...

Sending love and peace!
Hope you eventually get to enjoy Christmas ..
Love
Bishopsmate #52

Darnell said...

Maggie, I wish I lived closer so I could come by for that stiff brandy with you! Poor dear, you really did whack off a large bit to chew, as we say here. I hope you are physically feeling better and two weeks from now you can look around and be pleased at the garden and how fantastic the house looks and ~ ta da ~ Christmas will be over with, thank God!!

You really have a great sense of humor! Happy WOYWW and Happy Holidays!! Thanks for your visits to me this year and for your friendship and support! Now go have a lie down. Hugs, Darnell #10

ddazzled71 said...

130 Cards WOW! I have been flat out getting a dozen made and posted this year. I hope you get them all finished and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Danie #37

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah wodnerful pickie Maggie love it does look nice to see your familiar abode this way.. am amazed at number of your cards - maybe more folk post them over there ...they are dying out over here! that is for sure. Dear sweet Maggie I pray your Christmas is a blessed one in spite of the sad year you have had and that the LORD will comfort your heart in a special way, sending big hugs, love Shaz in Oz.x PS not done woyww did non woyww post yest.

Andrea said...

WOW 130 cards I can see why your troubled !.sound like you've been an extra busy beaver I hope you now will get the Time to relax very soon and enjoy the festivities in what sounds like a lovely new decorated home. have a very happy christmas and lovely time with friends and family hugs Andrea #48... PS love the sound of the meringues especially hazelnut and rasperry yum

Anonymous said...

I ALWAYS leave things to the last minute :) Oh and the only snow I want to see this year is the computer generated kind :)
Sorry to be late but now I can get to my desk, it's commenting time ...

Happy last WOYWW before Christmas!
Mary Anne (24)