Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Saturday 5 May 2012

Pixie's Snippets Challenge 18

I actually managed two offerings for Di's Snippets Challenge this week, mainly by hunting through bits and pieces I had been playing with.

This first one uses another stamp from Barbara Gray's Clarity range.  I did the topper ages ago and it has just been sitting around in one of my many heaps of things to do.  It nearly had a complete disaster today, when I suddenly realised I had stuck it on the card upside down, but, fortunately, the silicone glue was very forgiving and allowed me to just lift it off and replace the right way up.  It was stamped onto Clarity paper, with Adirondack Slate, and then I think it was brayered with Big and Juicy Mountain Meadow. It was a while ago, and I did not write it down, so I am just guessing.  I think it is a lovely stamp, well two stamps anyway, and very adaptable.  I mounted the topper onto Clarity black card to try to keep the oriental feel.

This second offering was another play around with various stamps, and a bit of digital tweaking as well.  The trees were stamped, and then scanned, so that I could place them as I wished, changing the sizes to fit the perspective.  The church and the horse and carriage are Clarity stamps, while the fence is just put in with a thin black pen.  I used Adirondack Cloudy Blue and Slate for the sky, and just the Slate for the foreground.   It had been intended for the Craft a Scene Silhouette Challenge, but it did not go quite as I had intended.

Having now got into the playground in time for registration, I am now off to have a go on the swings, before heading out the the greenhouse to pot up some new plants, and hoping they do not die of frostbite this week.  Watch out, folks, for the icy slide over in the corner of the playground, and don't fall in the mud.  see you all soon.  xx Maggie
PS I hope you are feeling much better this week, Di, and ready to enjoy life again.  Take care of yourself.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Maggie I love both of these ,your work is fab . I love the brayering on the top card with that moon duo and those fab humming birds, well done great work lovely cards Hugs Elaine

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Beautiful cards, love these stamps more to add to my list, except the horse and carriage as I do have that one:)

jacqui x

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Maggie this is just fabulous! loving the colouring on the top card. Thanks for the heads up about the slide, will go on the swings first I think :)

Hugs
Linda xxx

Karen said...

Gorgeous cards Maggie! I love the silhouette effect, it looks beautiful. Two really lovely cards, Karen xx

May said...

Stunning cards Maggie... fabulous stamping... you sound like a wee computer wizard when you can change the sizes etc.. I would not know where to start.. Beautiful creations... Hugs May x x x

Emma Williams said...

Beautiful cards Maggie and I love your black and white carriage scene...really beautiful work and wonderful stamping!!
Hope you are well...
Love Emma xx

Sarn said...

Terrific snippet cards here Maggie. When you've finished on the swings, come play on the slide with me. xxx

Happy WOYWW.

Sarn (#61) x