Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Saturday 18 February 2012

Pixie's snippets challenge

 These were all finished in a big rush this morning and they are for Pixie's Snippets Challenge.  I can't remember if I told you about the other box I peeked into the a couple of weeks ago.  It gave me a real fright.  It was stuffed full of projects to finish, and projects that had never been started - scary!  These cards today are the product of a very short time this morning to put them together.  At the moment, there are no sentiments on them as I have no idea who will get them in the end.    These baby tigers I think came from a decoupage sheet downloaded free from a very generous crafter.  Sadly, I cannot remember who,  but if it is you, thank you, and remind me where I got these baby tigers.

This is another partially done card.  Most of the decoupage was complete, just needed a little tidying up, and mounting.  The dark bit at the top is not the card but the background against which it was standing.  The image is from the Crafters Companion CD ROM's of the original Flower Fairies, which I personally think are the prettiest fairies anywhere.

 Again, I must apologise for the rotten photography and the dark bit at the top.  I am not sure if you can make it out from the photo, but this is a decoupage.  I took the photo of a friend's dog, and then broke it down into layers, and then put them back together.  Even the fence at the back is cut, originally by hand - very intricate for a blade.  However since then, I have taken the time to convert it to a printing and cutting file for the Silhouette, which does the job beautifully.  The original was done as an A5 card for the owner, but I have also reduced it now for a smaller card, which is what this one is.  I do like using my own photos where possible.
 I started this card some time ago, but never got round to finishing it.  Another cutting file from the Silhouette, taking a whole sheet of card to create the cut out and the main card as one..  It also cut the slits round the edge through which I threaded the red ribbon.  The red you can see behind the heart is a piece of red wrapping paper glued to the back of the front, and then I just threaded the three red roses through the lattice to finish the card off.  I think I might also enter this one into this week's Less is More, which is for Punches or Die Cuts.  I am hoping that the Silhouette cutter does qualify as a die cutter.  It is a very clean looking card, I think, and a style I like. 
 My last two cards are also from the to finish box.  I started playing around with invertage and pyramage but I did decide that it was not always a good way to show off pictures.  This another of my own photos, taken a few years ago at Marwood Hill Gardens in North Devon.  If you even get the chance to go, take it.  No matter what season, there is always something to look at.  This visit was about ten years ago, when they were just starting to plant up the opposite hillside with young sapling.  Those saplings were huge when we went again last year.  It is a place to visit again and again.    The invertage on the right is straight, but taking the picture at night it looks so cock-eyed. 

Hope to get round to see everyone this week.  There were some stunning cards in the playground last week.  Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.  Thank you for hosting us all, Di, and for writing such an entertaining weekly report.

12 comments:

Chanray said...

What a gorgeous card!

Elizabeth said...

gosh, Maggie, you have been busy - you make me feel such a slouch! You must be feeling good after finishing off all these cards. Like the cards with your own photographs and the fairy card is beautiful ... but then all your cards are lovely. Elizabeth x

Chrissie said...

Lots of fancy threading there Maggie... super card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

May said...

WOW, Maggie, you busy wee bee, Love all the cards, Well done I've only managed one card this week! must get my skates on, Hugs May x x x

Di said...

Fantastic cards Maggie - and all the better for you taking some of the photos, very personal and not to be seen elsewhere. Glad you got here and can you please lock the playground up :) Di xx

Sarn said...

WOW - loads of lovely cards to see. Nice to use your personal photo's to make them. Good idea. Maybe I should do some chicken ones? LOL! xxx

Scrapmate said...

Lovely heart card.

Sally H said...

A fab set of cards! Particularly love your LIM card!

Sandra H said...

Hi Maggie oh wow your cards are amazing and the light isn't effecting the beauty of them they are gorgeous and so pleased you have the petals they flow lovely:) Sandra H

Bernie said...

WOW, Maggie, you have been busy! Love all your cards!!!!
Hugs & Blessings
Bernie

Mandi said...

What a lovely heart, quite intricate, very pretty
Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Beryl K said...

I love your LIM card, it is beautiful
Beryl x