Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Thursday 22 December 2011

WARNING TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE IN BLOGLAND

WARNING TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE IN BLOGLAND
This is an addition to my normal post added this evening.   We have just had another phone call which seems to be another scam.  It was a telephone call from someone trying to sell us insurance for our new Sony TV.    We never do business like this over the phone anyway, and choked him off eventually (he was persistent), then did a 1471 to see if there was a number.  It came up with 0002071839757.  Having checked it out on the internet, it seems to be an extension of a previous scam to get money from Sky customers.  Put the number into a Google search and see for yourself.  The main thing is to check every caller out before you do anything.  Be careful. .  

4 comments:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Thanks for the warning. I'm usually pretty annoying to telemarketers or sales people anyway. If they called me to buy insurance on X item, I'd tell them this big long story about how it is too late, my house had just been broken into and X item had been stolen along with the toaster and who steals a used toaster anyway and they let the cat out and the cat is old and half blind and probably will be eaten by dingoes even though I don't live where dingoes are, one rabid wild dingo escaped from the zoo will find my poor old kitty who got let out when some cretin broke into my house and stole my toaster and my X item and.... and I think they sniffed my panties!

I might even throw in some tears for good measure, especially if I think it is a scam. Wow, those people sure come out of the woodwork at this time of the year, don't they?!

Beware of dingoes! ;-)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the warning. :)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Mmm, so sos agree had one yesterday and did not stay on long enough to find out what they were selling too as soon as you hear the long distance foreign tone, I tend to bid them farewell.. very sad really must be no life for them and they hurt so many uncanny ones, blessing Maggie, Shaz.x

Linda Simpson said...

Thank you so much Maggie for sharing this with us.

Hugs
Linda xxx