Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 21 September 2011

WOYWW - 120

I am getting so lax about doing my posts.  My only excuse is that the time is flying by so fast that I cannot keep track of the days, and I am always too late.  I seem to have done very little crafting since we got back from Spain.  I thought I had finished doing all the DVDs and BluRays of the wedding when I found I needed to do three more sets for various people.  In the middle of doing that, I found that I could create BluRays but the same drive refused to play them. Doh.......  That should not happen.  A lengthy correspondence with Roxio resulted from that, but after doing all the things they suggested, with no result, I just uninstalled the lot, reinstalled it, and when that was working I was able to install the BlueRay bit over the top - and it worked!

I need to get back to my room now and actually find a space to work in.  While we have been tidying the house and clearing rubbish from the spare room (before getting the new carpet fitted) anything that could even vaguely be considered as crafting in some way got dumped in my room.  The result is that there is nowhere to sit or work - a couple of days serious tidying required there.  I am suffering from craft withdrawal symptoms, especially having watched Barbara Gray's Pick of the Week.  I cannot wait to set about some of the techniques she has demonstrated, but I must add the new DVD and the stamps to my wish list before I get stuck in. 

I can't wait till Monday when we actually get to see our youngest grandchildren again.  It is over 2 months since we met up, so they will have changed dramatically in that time.  We are lucky with our older grandchildren (the two we share with Shaz Silverwolf) as they live very close and we usually see them at least once a week.

I am off now to get a few things cleared out of the way before the Virgin engineer arrives this afternoon to change our TV box, but I do intend to wander through as many as possible of the lovely desks on view at Julia's place   http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/


Hopefully I will manage some crafting and some photos of my own for next week.   Have a great week all of you.

12 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Maggie, thanks so mcuh for popping over, and sorry you are not able to craft either - it is hard but things need to be done!! Blu ray is bit beyond me - but well done on working it all out! happy WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your godmother sounds amazing - a real character! I love living near Marlborough, it's got some great shops and is full of character. I love the rolling downland around here too - having lived from north to south in the UK, this is most definitely 'home'!!
Have a great week, LLJ xx

jude said...

Have fun with the cleaning,and hopefully get time to do some crafting if your mojo shows up.
Have fun with the grandchildren they dont stay young for long!
Happy wednesday and have Creative week
hugs judex10

Angie said...

Nice to see you back ...you sound so busy ....enjoy your grand children time x

Emma Williams said...

I was wondering where you've been and it's so lovely to have you back. Thank you for your lovely comment on all the samples that I've made for the POTW shows on Create & Craft. I hope you've enjoyed all the shows and I can't wait to see what you create, once you get back into the craft room!
Love Emma x

ScrappnBee said...

I hate it when the electronic stuff fritz's up. It is enough to make you want to go postal and think not nice thoughts! Hope spain was lovely and have fun with the grandkids! Happy WOYWW! -Amanda

The Crafty Elf said...

Wow you've been a busy girl! You must be going nuts not being able to craft but at least it's not for lack of want, so that's good. Hope you get everything straightened around soon and can't wait to see what lovely things you'll be creating! Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back Maggie. Loved the post from Spain but you didn't say who was getting married! I looked at earlier posts but couldn't find anything, lol. Hope you get your house stuff completed soon so you can get back to the important business of crafting.

Hugs
Brenda 88

shazsilverwolf said...

Tidying up seems to be the in thing at the moment, Marg.Best of luck,lol!

Tertia said...

Sounds like you have been busy with computer nightmares! I have no clue and any problem usually begins and end with a frantic call to one of my children. Thank goodness they are very patient with their dear old mom. LOL
Happy very belated WOYWW

Twiglet said...

Hi maggie - just to say thanks for all your good wishes for Annie & co. It has lifted their spirits no end knowing so many lovely folk are thinking of them. Here's hoping next week looks much much better than last! x Jo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I just read about your scam story. Did you mean 7000 people? 1000 out of 700 didn't make sense to me. Of course, I could have read it wrong. Look forward to seeing a working desk next week. Hope everything is sorted out by now. And yes, I realize I'm very late this week.