Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 29 June 2011

WOYWW - 108

Not a lot of work going on at the moment, more a case of what was left after some stamping and also the putting together of some decoupage sheets I bought ages ago.  They were very pretty, with coppery gilding highlighting the flowers.  I have no idea who the maker is, as there was nothing to identify them on the plastic bags, but I do know that I bought them on a trip down to Hayley West's shop (Little Lou's in Redditch).  I had come  across them again on a search for something else, and decided it was time to put them together.  If you want to see the results of the stamping, you will need to have a look at my blog from last week.  I have just continued from there, extending the techniques a little.

The important stuff on my desk today is actually what was in a parcel which arrived yesterday morning.  It was my winnings from the very generous Jo's Blog Candy (http://jozartdesigns.blogspot.com/).  I really love it all, and I can think of lots to do with every bit of it.  Thank you so much, Jo.  It is all appreciated.

The rest of the week has not gone quite as well as we would have liked.  Still in the middle of redoing the living room, we had ordered two storage units to take things like the DVD player, the Virgin box and all the other peripherals that go with an entertainment system.  We were foolish in that we took it for granted that a unit shown with what appear to be DVD players etc on it would be right for us.  WRONG!!! Very wrong.  Nothing would fit on those shelves.  So we are now trying to sort things out with the company to exchange them for the ones we really need to fit things on (which are, of course, more expensive).  Very frustrating, but before I totally depress you all, why don't you just nip over to the blog of our esteemed leader Julia, who has handed things over for this week to her Lunch Lady Jan at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/
where you will find the links for more than 100 more desks to study.  Have fun and thank you for joining me this week.

PS Just had a call from the furniture company to say that everything is now set up for the exchange.  They are just waiting for the TV stand to come in next week and they will collect the wrong things and bring us the right things.  Life is looking better.  Right, I am off now to watch Federer and the other at Wimbledon.  Everything stops for that, even crafting.

20 comments:

jude said...

Looks like you received some lovely candy .Hope TV unit all gets sorted and you can get lounge organised.Hopefully a better week next week.Have fab wedensdasy whats left of it!Sorry so late
hugs judex88

JoZart Designs said...

Pleased you like your Blog Candy and thanks for the mention too. Glad your storage problem is sorted and you get straight soon.
Love joZarty x

Helen said...

What a goody bag you got! have fun using it all - after the tennis, of course!

Sarah said...

Wow - another amazing win from Jo...they all look like amazing wins. Enjoy the new goodies...
Hope you will call by Friday for the first My Mojo Monthly. Thanks for sharing today.
Sarah at 6.

Angie said...

Life is never simple when ordering things on the net but at least they are sorting it all. What an interesting technique that is re printing and embossing ....would never have thought about it ...love your results.
Yes I can wave watch for hours ...the book is just a cover.lol

shazsilverwolf said...

Candy looks lovely, congrats on that. Thanks for the visit- the main problem at the moment is ambushing him to wrap him up! He gets smart pretty quick, and you can't creep up on him twice the same way! Its like Mission: Impossible here ,lol.Have a good day Marg, Love Shaz

Hettie said...

Lucky you with the blog candy!
My friends often ask me if I can remember everything in my room! I say yes to most but when I find something I have forgotten about it is a bonus and like having something new!!! LOL!!
Hoping this week is better for you.

Vicky said...

Congrats on the blog candy win - looks a ver generous prize. enjoy! :)

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi there Maggie, ...and Federer lost sigh! as did our Aussie Tomik still what a great fight Tomik put up for the first effort and only 18 yrs old he did incredibly well esp as he had a wild card qualifier. I think we shall see great things from him and that will be nice! Now love the great stash form Jo what ah great haul that is.. well done, and love the cards in the first pickie too and glad the furniture people sorted it out for you, Happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x

Twiglet said...

What a treasure little Jozart is then! lovely blog candy. have a great week. x Jo

Spyder said...

Lucky you, lovely lovely blog candy!! and, a very tidy desk too. Have a fabulous week!Thank you for my snoop!! HaPpY WoYwW!

((Lyn)))

Neet said...

You asked - the silver thing on my desk is a pasta machine which I use for conditioning and rolling clay. Great tool.
Nice to have won from my friend Jo - enjoy!
Off to see what you did earlier. Hugs, Neet

April said...

oooh you got goodies too! lovely! some lovely cards on your desk too. Hope the unit exchange goes ok. Thanks for sharing.

KanataNewf said...

oh my those goodies do look delish!

Happy WOYWW!
Sheena B #70

Sue Althouse said...

Remodeling can be so frustrating, in which case I retreat to my craft space! Yours looks like lots of fun, thanks for the peek. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Sue #57

okienurse said...

Awesome blog candy! Congrats on winning it! Glad to hear the furniture company is going to work with you! Vickie #39

Linda Simpson said...

Congratulations on winning the blog candy, it looks totally awesome. Enjoy :)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments, it meant a lot to me. Hey, if I can take up sewing again, anyone can!! xxxx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Maggie, noticed that it is a wee while since you posted anything at all - hope this is because you are on holiday, or too busy, or just taking time out and not because anything is amiss. Kind regards, Elizabeth

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Maggie, back again would you please pop over to my blog? as there is something for you there see:
http://calligraphycards-shazinoz.blogspot.com/2011/07/versatile-blog-awardwow.html
love Shaz in Oz.x