Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Friday 25 February 2011

Crafting Buddies - Week 2

Apologies to everyone - this should have been posted on Monday, but I never actually got the camera, the photos and the computer together until today.  Flash and Gemma are not actually with me crafting on this one.  They have been released from my craft room to lie on the hearthrug.  As usual, Gemma is acting the tart, pretending she is an angel (which she was not today, having belted out of the front door when the delivery man came, and refusing to come back).  The fireplace has now gone, having been replaced with a lovely new black Welsh slate hearth and multifuel burning stove.  Looking forward to getting the room straight eventually.  However the folks who did the work have to come back next week to redo some of it, having laid the slate on top of the carpet, instead of trimming the carpet to fit.  How they thought we could have removed the carpet in the future to replace it, who knows - they probably just did not think we would notice - wrong!  They also have to redo the plastering which is like the waves of the ocean and cracked.  Why can't things go smoothly?  Why does every job lead to at least ten others? 

I think our next job with the dogs is to get them trimmed.  We have a lovely lady who comes to the door, plugs her van into a power point and does everything in the van, bathing them and trimming them beautifully.  Once they are done, we get much less mud in the house, and they do not take half as much grooming each day.

We also have to get them used to the people at the boarding kennels as neither of them have ever been in kennels before.  Fortunately, they do training classes and agility there, so that would be a good way of getting them used to the environment.  We were very impressed with the attitude of the owners to the dogs in their care so we have no fear that they will not be taken good care of.  We shall probably be more upset than the dogs at leaving them there.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

I bet I know who will be first in front of the new fire!!!!!
Thanks again for joining in.
xx

Emma said...

Such an adorable photo Maggie...lol at Gemma acting like a tart.
Thank you so much for your lovely comment about Tyson...hope to join in with crafting buddies again this week but he's been busy working!! Lol
Hugs Emma x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Ah so playful and cute thanks for sharing Maggie hope and pray it all settles out for you very very soon!
love Shaz in Oz.x

Enfys said...

You made me laugh with your comment about Gemma! Fancy laying the slate on top of the carpet, would you credit it.
hugs
Enfys